Travelling grab screens are employed in many places to remove floating and/or suspended debris.
The principle of the Münster trash rake is based on a construction running along an elevated track, and consisting of a carriage and a loose grab, available in several configurations. The advantage of a loose grab is that screens of any width and depth can be cleaned. The variable track length allows positioning of a deposit at any desirable place.
- narrower or wider grab
- greater working depth
- 2-speed drive and lifting motor for different velocities
- in stainless steel
These fully automatic screen cleaners are applied in pumping stations, sewage treatment plants, coarse refuse installations, barrages and dams, inlets to power and desalination plants. The Landy weedscreen cleaner is suitable for new and existing intakes.
- conveyor belts are not required
- cleaning of the screen, from top to bottom
- the track can be equipped with curves, enabling the approach of any deposit location
- possibility of direct dumping on truck, container or barge
- the open construction and the absence of intermediate transportation reduces space requirements and dirty screening areas
- large obstacles such as mattresses, tree-trunks and root stems can be removed
- absence of permanently submerged construction parts and therefore insensibility to icing
- one unit is sufficient for multi-screen operation
- PLC control allows complete automatic operation
For smaller intakes, Landustrie supplies the Landy back-raking machine, designed with a built-in trash screen for lifting debris up the screen and over the top into a hopper, all in a smooth movement. The back-raking machine is a single, self-contained machine, which can be quickly and easily installed and connected to power to keep site costs to an absolute minimum.